• Register Today It's free!

Eddie Bauer vs. Limited

gatorpatric0

Reaction score
City, State
St. Simons Is Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Eddie Bauer
So lets see, which is better. Eddie Bauer, Limited, Eddie Bauer, Limited. Lets discuss the differences and who likes which from year to year.

Im an Eddie Bauer Kinda guy myself. But then again ive never driven or ridden in a Limited. I just want to know which is meant to be the Higher-End Explorer, or are they different branches that are meant to compete with eacj other?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would say its mostly a visual thing. Different flares and bumpers. They had better seats too I do believe. In '02 they came in the monochrome paint scheme with different wheels.

wrong hole fool.

I tend to like the limiteds more. I eventually got sick of the same ol' tan flares on all the Eddie Bauers

I like the Limiteds only because they have that monochromatic color. Otherwise XLTs are the bomb! ;)

There aren't much differences at all. They both have the same interior equipments with an exception of memory seats. The exterior has different trim and monotone paint.

the Mountaineer is the higher end explorer :p

Oh damn, this is the wrong place to ask this. Lets see......do they have different Audio configurations? There that makes it legal. The Mid 90's Ex's (My specialty), the EB comes with nice chrome rims and the Limited has the Xlt rims. The Limited comes with a different grille. The EB comes with Captains chairs in leather, i dont know if the limited has that.

Limited has their own rims. Eddie Bauer has their chrome rims along with some Sport models. Limiteds get very nice leather seats and different type of carpet. Eddie Bauer had the optional JBL system while the Limited had that standard.

So...Limited is the top-of-the-line model in the Explorer line-up.

personally i dig the limited for all the reasons mentioned above...as for the mounty being the best well we wont get into that ;)

I think Limited is the nicest. They do have nicer seats than an EB does, the monotone paint makes it look alot nicer.

2nd gen Limited has heated mirrors, adjustable headrest front seats, Homelink. The eddie bauer got the homelink later but never got the heated mirrors nor the seats.

eddie bauer got heated seats optional for 4th gen

Heated seats came out for both Limited and Eddie Bauer models in '99. But EB never got heated mirrors nor memory driver seat until the 3rd gen ('02-present) debuted.

Fish Man said:
personally i dig the limited for all the reasons mentioned above...as for the mounty being the best well we wont get into that ;)
Why not? Is it because they have higher resale, don't come with the rollover reputation, you can get oversize tires on them, rent a u haul, and the most top of the line truck you could get was the Mountaineer Monterey. :)

Back