EE Sway Bar with XF's Touch.

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Valley Stream, Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
Finally got around to installing my Sway Bars today. I took the time to paint it Ford Blue. Color came out too bright on the picture but it really has a nice darker color to it.

Anyway, I considered just buying the rear bar but I'm glad I didn't. Here's why. I installed the front SB first to see the difference between the hollow stock SB to the solid EE SB. The test drive with the new front bar and with stock rear bar was amazing! I could feel the tire grip the road on turns. A sports-car-like cornering! This alone was enough to convince me of how effective they are and I haven't even installed the rear bar yet.

For those who put off buying the Sway Bars, you have got to catch the next Group Buy!

Picture of the front bar:

Attachments

• ee sway bar 9.20.3 004.jpg
    ee sway bar 9.20.3 004.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 465

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The rear:

Attachments

• ee sway bar 9.20.3 021.jpg
    ee sway bar 9.20.3 021.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 456

Nice touch. I had to run to the store, so I also saw what it was like with just the front one changed. I felt the rear slip. Glad I put both on.

looks great! I cant wait for my rear bar to come in.

EE is honoring the group buy price until the end of september. I just called Friday and ordered it up with the $20 off (I only need a rear bar on the 98)...

Ive gotta ask though...why dont people with 97 just go to a junk yard and take the front one from a 98+?

I believe they have a different shape and will not bolt up, Magicfan25.

That could explain it

Originally posted by X~FACTOR
I believe they have a different shape and will not bolt up, Magicfan25.
Yep. The newer ones bolt to the frame instead of the front cross member like you see in X-Factors pic. I'm sure you could always drill holes and bolt it to the frame with no problem.

yes, i believe you can. still, it would be easier to just buy one.

looks great Xfactor. :)

Back