EEC-IV Manual Test HELP WANTED

Leford

Reaction score
City, State
paraguay
Year, Model & Trim Level
explorer sport 92
I cant do de computer test of my EEC-IV
I put on de computer tester the 10º code of my VIN (N) the 5º code (U) the 8º code (X). There, the computer tester recognize my explorer 92 V6 4.0 L
And in this point end my history. I cant do the test and I have the Chek engine Light on
Who knows How can I do manually this test?
I know that this can be do manually but I dont know how
Thanks to All

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks MrShorty!

here I m
I m back :(
I try the manual procedure, I founded this codes 73 and 58
I change my TPS, code 73 is gone
I cleane my Idle air temperture sensor (one friend work inthe Ford dealer ) and tould me his name(¿?) Here I m now, in the first time I cleaned the damm IATS, I received the same code 58
Then I changed for a New one
The code is still present
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM of my poor baby X??????
Help? Please!

I would expect a '92 to output three digit codes, though I'm really not sure on foreign models. Are you certain those aren't 173 and 158? A 158 would indicate a fault in the MAF circuit.
Beyond that, it's important to remember that codes point to circuits, not sensors. Be sure to inpsect the wiring between the offending sensor and the computer before blaming the sensor itself.

mmmmmmm i think that my X use only two digits, I repeat many times the test procedure and the result is the same all the time: codes 58 and 73 (only two digit)
Now, 73 is history, but 58 is still there
I´ll try two check the wires and conectors again, yesterday in the night I try, but everything is fine to mee

who knows where is located the idle tracking switch

Back