• Register Today It's free!

EEC Test!!!

jeems

Reaction score
City, State
Nacogdoches, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Ok, I've been bugging you people with my problems for quite some time now. Well, I think I might know what it is. My EEC Test thing, right behind my power distribution box is messed up. Every time it is vibrated (closing doors or hood) it makes a bunch of stuff under the hood click. I think this could be the cause of my Explorer trying to keep running after I cut it off. ANy info on what this EEC Test is?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmm it sounds like you have two of your wires shorting together somewhere making it go into diagnostic mode. Check the wires carefully to make sure the sheathing isn't torn.

Thanks, I'll go do that. I'm just trying to keep this thing out of the shop. I don't want to spend any money that I don't have to.

There's bound to be a short somewhere in that connector. All the clicking would be from the computer testing all the relays and stuff and possibly even the relay test mode.

If I do end up having to take this into the shop, how much would you say it would run me?

Well for just wires.....probably less than $100. But if there's something wrong with the computer itself....Expect around 250 bucks plus an hour labor on replacing it.

this may be a stupid question but is there an aftermarket one that i can put on? maybe so this won't happen again or so i can get some better performance?

Back