rmwags

Reaction score
City, State
Hiawassee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT 4WD
Happy St. Patty's Day...

Here's my issue.
I've replaced my DPFE, EGR valve and EGR Vacuum regulator. I've checked all vacuum hoses, I've put a replacement PCM but am still receiving OBD code 332. EGR valve not opening.
Does anyone know which sensor or sensors feed the PCM to open and close the EGR?
Or is it another issue I've missed.
Any help is grateful....:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the dpfe is connected to the pcm to give exhaust data ...once the pcm reads the info it tells the egr solinoid to start opening and closeing the egr valve.

...did you make sure the dpfe lines are connected right ( small and big ) ??

are you just haveing the cel come on and are haveing idleing issues ?
you have checked ALL vac lines right ? ... ( not just the ones for egr) then check the others like transmission modulator,fuel pressure regulator,climate control lines .

to many questions here to ask .....

volt meter checked the sensors ?
checked for loose wire harness's ?
etc .......

the idle is good. i've checked the egr vacuum hoses only. i was having mpg issues and had a system scan done. the said the dpfe was bad. so i replaced it. i never got a code before changing the dpfe. then i got the 332 code. thats when i went ahead and changed the egr valve and control solenoid.

also, which other sensors? TPC, MAF, TCC?

Take the code to AutoZone. They can print up a full diagnostic procedure to follow (on a cash register tape). It will definitely involve a voltmeter, checking various wires with the engine in different states, perhaps vacuum, etc.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Thanks Mike & Boggs...I was hoping not to get into that..Time wise. Thanks

Back