Egr problems...help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Egr problems...help!

Reaction score
City, State
Burleson, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford explorer xlt
my egr gasket has been leaking for a while, ever since i replaced my fuel rail sensor, it's been whistling on and off. Well I ordered a new gasket, I went with a different style gasket, has metal reinforced fibers in it, instead of the solid metal Oem type that was on before. Well now I'm getting a p0401 and sometimes I get a p0300 that comes and goes. When reading live data, the egr error % starts bouncing around and keeps hitting -100. Could my new gasket cause this? Not sure how a different gasket could cause this? Any help greatly appreciated!

Well I'm thinking egr is shot! I put old gasket back on and Im Still reading -100 egr error at certain rpms! I noticed my long term fuel trims were both around +18!!!!! I searched and found no vacuume leaks so I decided to pop the egr air filter off and pump my finger over the port, almost stalling the vehicle, but my fuel trims immediately dropped back down to around 0 (normal), and stayed their! Anyone out their have a scanner that reads live data? Can you tell me what a normal egr error is suppose to read across the rpms? Thanks guys

Back