• Register Today It's free!

EGR valve

Mejias2011

Reaction score
City, State
MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT
Hope someone can help and thanks in advance! So I have 2010 Explorer XLT with a check engine light on giving me a code P0401. Already replaced the EGR valve and the code came back. I haven’t check any of the electrical yet. Other than the electrical what other things can I check?

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance! So I have 2010 Explorer XLT with a check engine light on giving me a code P0401. Already replaced the EGR valve and the code came back. I haven’t check any of the electrical yet. Other than the electrical what other things can I check?
Make sure you remove, and clean the tube going from the exhaust man to the egr as well. Also peel back the wire loom on the harness, and make sure the wires aren’t crumbling. My 06 had sections of wiring at various pigtails that were brittle, and the wires were touching.

Did you replace the EGR valve with an OEM Motorcraft one or aftermarket? I tried aftermarket when I first replaced mine and the check engine light would not go away, even with clearing all codes. It would eventually come back every time. I was only able to get it to disappear when I replaced it with the OEM part.

Back