Eibach Rear/Front sway bars | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Eibach Rear/Front sway bars

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It says rear only... If you do go with this set-up lets us know how it handles.. I can imagine it will help with body roll...

I had seen it before.... but I'm still not sure that it will fit the 3rd gens... if it does... it will be great... I had the rear sway bar that explorerexpress had for my 2001 sport... and it worked great...

I guess I could spend $150.... and let them install it.... if it doesn't fit.... I guess I won't have to pay them???? or deliver to the store and pick up... I will install (more fun) and still if it doesn't fit, then return to local sears.....

I had seen it before.... but I'm still not sure that it will fit the 3rd gens... if it does... it will be great... I had the rear sway bar that explorerexpress had for my 2001 sport... and it worked great...

I guess I could spend $150.... and let them install it.... if it doesn't fit.... I guess I won't have to pay them???? or deliver to the store and pick up... I will install (more fun) and still if it doesn't fit, then return to local sears.....

just called eibach again... and it will not fit explorers with rear independent suspension....:thumbdwn:

I have sold two sets of sway bars for the irs explorers. Both 02-03 model years. They will work. I would have to look up the part#'s but I assure you they will work. I have installed them on one as well.

explorer express is a hellwig bar.

do theser raise the rear at all? I heard they did its basically a leaf spring under the rear a-arms.

I have sold two sets of sway bars for the irs explorers. Both 02-03 model years. They will work. I would have to look up the part#'s but I assure you they will work. I have installed them on one as well.

Hi, James... I guess that if they fit the 02-03, they will fit the 04-05... mine is an 04... regular 4-door xls 2wd...

So you are sure that they will fit my 04? do you still have some for sell? can you beat sears/ebay prices? (I'm a repeat customer - I got a xcallII from you some time ago.... I still use it and love it.).....

How do these bars compare to stock?

Thanks

PS: what is an irs explorer?

Hi, James... I guess that if they fit the 02-03, they will fit the 04-05... mine is an 04... regular 4-door xls 2wd...

So you are sure that they will fit my 04? do you still have some for sell? can you beat sears/ebay prices? (I'm a repeat customer - I got a xcallII from you some time ago.... I still use it and love it.).....

How do these bars compare to stock?

Thanks

PS: what is an irs explorer?

remeber there was an explorer sport trak and explorer sport in those years that used the old suspension design. I think thats were you are getting tripped up.

Independent Rear Suspension Explorer aka 3rd & 4th Generation Explorers.

ha... you learn something new every day.... I thought it might've been a batch of special-edition explorers for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or something like that...

remeber there was an explorer sport trak and explorer sport in those years that used the old suspension design. I think thats were you are getting tripped up.

Right, that's why I try to make sure that the vendors will not sell me something that would be for a sportract or a sport by specifying that mine is a 4-door with IRS (I learned this one today)... not 2-door sport or 4-door sportrac.

I would love it if explorer express make their sway bars for the 3rd gens... not the hellwig helper leaf...

I've called eibach/and hellwig about products for 3rd gens, but even they sound more confused than me... sometimes I think they will say that their product will fit my application, just because they are not sure and to make the sale....

so has anybody installed the Eibach swaybars with success?? lookin at getting them when i change struts.

yea i installed the set of eibach sway bars last year on my ex...only problem i ran into was the bushings on the links are too small and they broke off and made my links become loose....i have to replace them with other bushings my mechanic had...i dont know why eibach would sell the kit with cheap bushings...other than that its great....i would look into getting another set of bushings for the links right off the bat rather than have the same problem i did...i saw that moog made some...goodluck:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have them also. Haven't had any issues with mine. The rear one took a little more time to do as there isn't much clearance to work with.

Front part #3595.310
Rear part #3595.312
Kit w/ both #3595.320

Back