100_1489Small.jpg

100_1491Small.jpg

100_1492Small.jpg

100_1496Small.jpg

100_1497Small.jpg

100_1498Small.jpg

100_1500Small.jpg

100_1505Small.jpg

We decided to drive the tow rigs up to the campgrounds we had to stop by the tree cooler to let a snow plow by and I could not get traction to get going again so I had to back down the road about 200 feet to where it leveled off get going again
The guy with the silver truggy "Brad" his trailer and rig went over the embankment on the last hill on the way to the campgrounds I rounded the corner just in time to see him going backwards down the hill, So I unloaded the explorer got up ahead of his tow rig tied off to a tree and hook my winch to his tow rig and then Brad used his winch to unload his truggy once his truggy was off I pulled his tow rig out and brad drove/winched up the embankment I chained up my tow rig and drove up to the campgrounds, We headed out to the trail head and got there by 10 AM

By noon we had gotten about 300 feet in the trail, I was the first down with a blown bead, we got it reseated then had to winch some of the others over a few obstacles then at about 1 PM Brad broke his first of three brifeilds 2 hours later we where on the trail again Brad now had 3 wheel drive, we were wanting to be off the trail by dark so we took the newly created bypass of the deepest mud section, after crossing the bridge we started to head back up hill when I blow a bead again, reseated we were rolling again shortly there after snap brad broke the passenger side birf so we put in his spare So he is winching /rolling over the obstacle that broke his second birk and we here the third snap so Brad unlocked the hub and disconnected the front driveshaft and this is where Brads winch quit working so I hooked my strap to him to pull him out the rest of the trail, I have my rear hatch glass up so I can see more clearly want is going on, while pulling Brad the rear of my rig slides over and there goes the glass on a tree.
Once we got to the service road that intersects the Busy we headed back to the campgrounds the snow was just below my knee when we got off the busy. The boggers that Brad had did not do very well I pulled him most of the way down the service road.
We drove all the tow rigs down to the pavement before loading up it was snowing heavy when I left and between Elbe and Morton I only got up to 40 because of visabilty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

100_1489Small.jpg

The guy with the silver truggy "Brad" his trailer and rig went over the embankment on the last hill on the way to the campgrounds I rounded the corner just in time to see him going backwards down the hill, So I unloaded the explorer got up ahead of his tow rig tied off to a tree and hook my winch to his tow rig
I thought that was the trailer behind that chevy. Did he crap his pants, or was it not that bad?

it could have been alot worse if the tow rig went over

Back