Elec. windows work ONLY from master panel | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Elec. windows work ONLY from master panel

ma96782 said:
BrooklynBay,
I perfer NOT TO HAVE one touch.......but, that's me. I figure, I can manipulate the switch to have the window go down 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 ways down.

I don't need to have FORD putting it all the way down (one touch), when I don't want it to go all the way down. Then, having to use the switch again, to have it go up a little.

I like the one touch. I hit it quick and the window goes all the way down. I hold the switch down a little longer and I control how far down it goes. The new one touches are nicer. The are like 2 switches in one. I press lightly and the control is mine. I press a little hard and feel it click more, then the window goes all the way down.

Update:

I did change out that last door lock switch (last week) now everything works (as far as windows and door locks goes).

Aloha, Mark

BTW, future referece; all window motor wires(8) are grounded normally. All grounds are through the master switch ground, those wires all act as grounds alternately(the master switch to other doors wires(6)). All power for the windows comes from the one master switch power wire.

The window switches simply(not) apply power to the proper wire, and at the same time isolate that wire from ground. Regards,

Back