• Register Today It's free!

Electric fan

Rippin_93

Reaction score
City, State
Durango, CO,
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
ok i think the fan clutch finally went out. what i was thinking of doing was installing an electric fan with an aluminum radiator. to free up some horses. has any one done this before? im sure some one has. i dont get a chance to surf here much but i really like the info that i can gather from all of you. sorry i dint try a surch cause its kindof a quick post but any info or part numbers would be great. maybe how long it would take and such just give me any thing and every thing i might need to know. thanks alot for any info. Rippin

ChuckyD

Moderator Emeritus Elite Explorer ECX Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 4Runner SR5
Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

These threads might help ya out.

BRacing

Reaction score
City, State
Northern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Explorer Sport
aluminum radiator

an aluminum radiator is probably a bad Idea. Stick with replacements from Modine, and you'll be fine.

Aluminum radiators have a tendancy to corrode over time without ritual maintenance. They are also less "flexy", and can't take the abuse of harsh vibrations and big hits (like going wheeling).

I run aluminum radiators in my race cars, and Modine radiators in my street/strip/tow vehicles. Usually, the modine is a larger/thicker radiator with much better cooling properties. In some of my cars i can acually just run the larger Modine radiator WITHOUT a fan... in 110 degree weather... with all my accesories... idleing.
:eek:
-Brad