Electric Super Charger, (repost?) Opinions... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Electric Super Charger, (repost?) Opinions...

Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elec...998511318QQcategoryZ33741QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

4a_1_b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All the opinions are easily found with a search for "electric supercharger."

edit: but if you really want to try one, buy one from a retailer that sells them as what they are...................a marine bilge blower. Here is one for half the price.
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|6880|46775&id=46776

Good link Robb. LOL

LMAo thats funny, and this guy is selling those areo 90$ and he has sold quite a few...hmm...

Lets see...I should open an e-bay store and sell $45 bilge pump blowers as $90 electric turbo chargers, .10 resistors as $20 performance chips, and tornados for (?) to add huge Hp and mileage. :confused:

I would be rich in no time. :rolleyes:

Brian_B said:
Lets see...I should open an e-bay store and sell $45 bilge pump blowers as $90 electric turbo chargers, .10 resistors as $20 performance chips, and tornados for (?) to add huge Hp and mileage. :confused:

I would be rich in no time. :rolleyes:

Don't forget the $0.30 capacitors to install on your fuel injectors too!!

-Joe

yeah these guys are laughing all the way to the bank.

You will need a tornado to help swirl all your new forced induction into the intake manifold...

In theory it sounds like a good idea...but I'm sure they are junk. At most it might help the engine overcome the resistance of the air filter. And that would be good for maybe 1-3 hp? It would probibly be better for gas mileage than actual power. A better version of the tornado?

Oh crap, ITS WORTHLESS. There are electric e chargers made (high $$$) that actually work, on some engines. However this POS will restrict more airflow then it will help. It will not provide any BOOST of any sort.

the Tornado does not work on EFI engines like ours, AT ALL.

Sned me your $$$ instead and I will explain to you in even more detail why its a waste, and how you too can make $$$ by explaining this to others...

im trying to get past electric blowers according to myth busters don't work
a real blower pressurizes the air fuel mix into the chamber for bigger bang turbos pressurize also with leftovers from the exhaust

want to experiment with higher pressure fuel rail and pump but pats is going to choke at some point

the explorer runs great at idle and low mph with good torq getting to 60 fast it dosnt seem to have enough air to burn the fuel but that's feel the actualities may be fuel pressure and throttle body size

80 to 100 psi fuel pumps arnt that expensive it would be nice if it was just air
pure o2 is bright powerful and fast on its own water splitter? nitrous? theyl let you get away with anything these days

the race was on the turbo charged v6's were up on the supercharged v8's neck and neck for awhile the trade offs were ease of tracking and controlling the boosts higher Revs its a preference rev higher hit the turns harder with less braking and control the turbo charged v6 .........big straights out of the turns the V8 ..........total top ends relatively the same the twelve hundred cc bikes arnt the fastest around the track

My father actually called me today to tell me whole he was lookin for parts for his jeep he came across a bully dog electric supercharger so I'm thinking maybe just maybe it'll work I mean I like bully dog products and I don't see the selling a $200 product and it being **** anyone try one yet I mean this thread is 8uears old someone had to try one

Well, in my humble opinion it takes at least 25 horsepower to compress air to 6 psi at 600 cfm. So, if that electric supercharger has a 25 hp electric motor on it, it might compress some air. :D

Back