rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
What is your opinion on electric water pump? It would surely loosen up some extra ponies in my 302 for my build. Reliability would be formost though. This could be coupled up with an electric fan. I know that a good electric motor can run for years wiithout any trouble. That would be just one more less HP robbing thing along with the electric fan. I'm just guessing, but I would think that it would net about 8 to 10 more HP combined with an electric fan.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes it would work and work well. I helped a buddy put an electric water pump kit on his mustang not too long ago and it wasn't bad at all. The thing is you HAVE to run an electric fan then. Now with electric fan and water pump you might want to consider a larger alt and battery for the power.

I noticed a huge differance with my flexalite fan installed until I crossed some water (no more fan). So If you do the electric fan make sure you have a kill switch.

Alot of people who run rear mounted radiators have them and most have no issues.

I've got one on my Mach. Gained decent power and keeps the temp very stable since engine rpm's no longer change the flow rate. Worth it IMHO...

csi-905_w.jpg

BrooklynBay said:

That"s the one I'm looking on the Summit site above.

rookieshooter said:
What is your opinion on electric water pump?

One is definately one of my next mods.

aldive said:
One is definately one of my next mods.
Al when you find a direct bolton for the SOHC engine, pls let us know.
Do not believe one exsists at this time :mad:

spindlecone said:
Al when you find a direct bolton for the SOHC engine, pls let us know.
Do not believe one exsists at this time :mad:

With the 4.0 SOHC now being offered in the Mustang, I wouldn't be surprised to see one pop up sometime in the near future. There are universal remote pumps that can be installed on any engine, but they are a bit pricey ($339 from Summit)

There is a need for a pulley on the water pump.

Back