• Register Today It's free!

Electrical Goblins

DavidS

Reaction score
City, State
Kingsport, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Eddie Bauer
I've got an '02 Eddie Bauer, 4.6L V8 and and when it was cranked yesterday, a bunch of the interior electrical systems suddenly don't work. They are:

1. power seats/memory seats won't move manually by seat switches or automatically when inserting/removing key in ignition switch.
2. autoheadlamps not working, lights have to be turned on manually.
3. CD player/Radio doesn't turn off automatically after removing key and opening car door.
4. Power door locks won't operate by switch, keypad or keyfob. I can't lock the rear liftgate and key fob won't release upper section.

The systems check display on the dash shows a Data Error for each of these systems when going through it. I can find no blown fuses under the dash or in the power distribution box under the hood. Any ideas? Would disconnecting the battery for awhile and reconnecting possibly reset any of this? Thanks in advance.

...i'm not all familiar with your year but i think checking all the fuses and relay's would turn up negative...i am not so sure what all it controls on your year but i would definately search "gem module"...i hope this helps...:D

I have a Viper and they are know to do odd things when the battery is weak. Have your battery tested (check terminals) and see if that is the cause first.

Back