Electrical Gremlins!!?????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Electrical Gremlins!!??????

emerica243

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 explorer xlt
So it does happen often but i see two very weird issues happening with this car. Both seem unrelated as in they've never happened at the same time. However they've both only even happened a few times within like 6 months periods.

Issue 1: The whole drivers side lighting system intermittently stops working. Intermittently meaning for a few days, or a few hours. I just notice it not functioning then its back to normal randomly. What specifically happens is the drivers headlight Parking lights are not present, the parking lights in the rear dont work. The mirror light works however. Not sure about the inside as i didnt check\remember. But the whole passenger side of the car in that respect is normal. Its just the parking light function it seems on the drivers.

Issue 2: The 12v socket on the back of the center arm rest console doesnt shut off. When its working normally as soon as i shut off the car and open the door, that socket dies. Now whats starting to show is it stays running, ive waited 5 minutes after shutting the door and locking the car and its still powered up.

Issue 1 sounds like it could be a bad ground somewhere since it is intermittent.

Issue 2. The battery saver program should shut that power point down after 10 minutes. Try checking it again after that time frame. That doesn't explain why the sudden change. I've never used the power points so I am not familiar as to when they should turn off.

Peter

Back