Solved - electrical help *FIXED* | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Solved electrical help *FIXED*

trashtruck

Reaction score
City, State
capital district, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 explorer xlt 4x4
hi all. while trying to diagnose a crank but no start issue on my 92 x, i'm coming up with strange codes. symptoms; running driving no issues, starts to sputter, struggle to run so i get home and shut down. now cranks but won't start. check codes, 211, so replace crank sensor with no improvement. disconnect battery to reset computer and now 211 is gone replaced by 114, 116? do i need to replace computer or investigate wiring more? have not yet checked for spark or injector pulse. crank, no start remains.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Gadget X

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gibsonville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 5-speed
Have you checked the coil pack? That's a possibility, if it started running rough, and then quickly escalated to a no-start situation. If that's not the culprit, then you may be needing a new computer. If there's a Pull-a-part near you, you can pick one up for about $25. It would be a good place to start, anyway. Good luck with it!

<

FR-425

Used to be a road here.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Limited
Don't get tunnel vision on the codes, neither of those codes will cause a no-start.

Go to the basics. Check for spark and fuel first.

<

trashtruck

Reaction score
City, State
capital district, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 explorer xlt 4x4
update; after more testing i cannot verify signal from crank sensor to ignition module. went to test sensor itself but multi meter died and now waiting on new meter. possible bad new sensor or wiring issue.

<

trashtruck

Reaction score
City, State
capital district, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 explorer xlt 4x4
solved; broken pin inside connector. new connector and runs great.

<

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
<

trashtruck

Reaction score
City, State
capital district, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 explorer xlt 4x4
Which connector, the crank sensor?

~Mark
pin inside crank sensor connector broke. installed new connector, poof! running again

<

damnford

Reaction score
City, State
pine city washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer eddibouere
update; after more testing i cannot verify signal from crank sensor to ignition module. went to test sensor itself but multi meter died and now waiting on new meter. possible bad new sensor or wiring issue.
opposite of progress is congress.

<