Solved - electrical help *FIXED* | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved electrical help *FIXED*

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

trashtruck

Reaction score
City, State
capital district, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 explorer xlt 4x4
hi all. while trying to diagnose a crank but no start issue on my 92 x, i'm coming up with strange codes. symptoms; running driving no issues, starts to sputter, struggle to run so i get home and shut down. now cranks but won't start. check codes, 211, so replace crank sensor with no improvement. disconnect battery to reset computer and now 211 is gone replaced by 114, 116? do i need to replace computer or investigate wiring more? have not yet checked for spark or injector pulse. crank, no start remains.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked the coil pack? That's a possibility, if it started running rough, and then quickly escalated to a no-start situation. If that's not the culprit, then you may be needing a new computer. If there's a Pull-a-part near you, you can pick one up for about $25. It would be a good place to start, anyway. Good luck with it!

Don't get tunnel vision on the codes, neither of those codes will cause a no-start.

Go to the basics. Check for spark and fuel first.

update; after more testing i cannot verify signal from crank sensor to ignition module. went to test sensor itself but multi meter died and now waiting on new meter. possible bad new sensor or wiring issue.

solved; broken pin inside connector. new connector and runs great.

Which connector, the crank sensor?

~Mark
pin inside crank sensor connector broke. installed new connector, poof! running again

update; after more testing i cannot verify signal from crank sensor to ignition module. went to test sensor itself but multi meter died and now waiting on new meter. possible bad new sensor or wiring issue.
opposite of progress is congress.

Back