electrical issue won't start please help!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

electrical issue won't start please help!!

carlo1775

Reaction score
City, State
new york
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XTL
Hello All,
Thank you for having me. I have a 2011 XTL Explorer, was away for a day came home vehicle won't start totally dead, not even the system check when key placed in ignition. battery is good 12.6v. disconnected the negative termenal waited a few minutes reconnected the terminal. The lights and the radio came on and I could not shut them off. attempted to start again, system went through all the checks. when I went to trun the key to start the vehicle nothing but clicking. Found the fuse that was clicking and removed it, disconnected/reconnected the battery again and replaced the fuse with the same result - any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bad battery.. batteries have shown good voltage but still bad. I would replace the fuse you took put. You will usually hear the clicking when the battery is junk and it cant turn the the engine over.

Start with the easy stuff first and replace it or have it load tested.

^ Everything he said. Take special note over the terminal connections, too. Corrosion? Do the wires look fine? (Check for rodent chews, etc.)

Welcome to the Forum Carlo.:wave:
The battery is usually the cause in something like this. Have it tested.

Peter

You guys are the best! problem solved. I never knew that the battery could show adequate voltage and still be bad.thanks again

Back