kingchicken318

Reaction score
City, State
Welland, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Ford Explorer Limited
Hey everyone,

I have a bit of a problem that is similar to this thread:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1686186.

I got in my truck, was running fine, all lights and features worked. I tried to start it and when I cranked it, lost all power. Nothing. Popped the hood, checked everything. Reseated the termianals and still nothing, but I noticed the Anti-Theft light was flashing really weird and there was a relay clicking in the back. So I figured I'd get a buddy to jump me. When we attached the cables a lot of sparks shot out, and yes, we are positive that the cables were on correctly. Positive to positive and negative to negative. We tinkered around a bit more, and then jumped the truck successfully with the negative terminal disconnected from the battery. I put it in gear and it died. Jumped it again, drove fine home. I just checked to start it once in my driveway and it starts fine. The radio lights up, but nothing on the screen at all. No remote functions work. Could lock doors with the door switches but not unlock, and now nothing. However, although the locks dont do anything, the head lights brighten up. Also no interior light.

Thats pretty much it I think.. I havent had a chance to check my wiring. Gunna try new terminals and grounds. If anybody has had this issue before, any help would be great. :( Thanks.

Greg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have the truck's battery cables ever been replaced? There are many threads on the problems caused by internal corrosion of the cables.:usa:

Hmm, No I dont think so. I did run all new grounds. The sizzle and popping noises sound like its coming from the positive. I put that purple/red **** (I'm colour blind) that is supposed to help against corrosion of that terminal. I think thats what is sizzling. I can get the truck to start and run fine now with the previously mentioned electronics not working. I will search up that issue. Thanks ricco :)

Happy Independence Day my neighbours to the south.

Greg

Hmm, No I dont think so. I did run all new grounds. The sizzle and popping noises sound like its coming from the positive. I put that purple/red **** (I'm colour blind) that is supposed to help against corrosion of that terminal. I think thats what is sizzling. I can get the truck to start and run fine now with the previously mentioned electronics not working. I will search up that issue. Thanks ricco :)

Happy Independence Day my neighbours to the south.

Greg

Thanks, Greg, hope you get this solved quickly.:thumbsup:

As for the electronics that aren't working, check the fuses and relays. Start with the simple stuff first.

All fuses were good. Ran new wires, everything is working now. Not sure what it was exactly, but I'm going to do a good electrical overhaul when I get some money, and after I get the motor tuned up. Thanks for the help.

Greg

Back