• Register Today It's free!

Electrical Problem.

Alanslinky

Reaction score
City, State
Milford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
ex- 94 Eddie Bauer
I have a 1994 Eddie bauer 4 door X... my number 5 fuse keeps blowing, sometimes it's instant and sometimes I can make it a couple of miles down the road before it happens. I can't figure out what may be causing this and was hoping someone might have a suggestion. I've unplugged the rear defogger and the blower motor. I've replaced the flasher and blower motor relays, all the lightbulbs, and the multi function switch. I don't think there is a short in the line anywhere for the turn signal system, because if I turn on the hazard lights that fuse does not blow. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try leaving the blower motor relay out. If it doesn't blow then the problem is between the relay and the motor.

I forgot to mention that I also tried that. I was considering putting in line fuses into all the lines to see which is blowing, but I'm not sure how to get at the wires below the dash and still have enough room to work down there.

I had to do that to install my over head console. Remove the driver seat but leave the seat belt buckle track alone (Mine was stuck) take a bungee and attach it to under the seat and then to the rear grab handle above the door.

That should get you enough room to move under there.

Back