Electrical problems 2014 Limited EX | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Electrical problems 2014 Limited EX

Razziel24

Reaction score
City, State
Guayaquil
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2012 3.5 V6 Base
Hi, my brother was driving today from Ft Lauderdale to Saint Agustine on his 2014 Limited, suddenly the instrument pannel, the AC and the windshiend wipers turned off, and the car lost a lot of power, he took the nearest exit and turned the car off, and he was never able to turn it back on, but it was impossible to turn the headlights off.
He called road assistance and they dropped the car on a Ford Dealer (since it was closed), and had to rent a car to continue his trip.
This looks like a major electrical problem...
Have you guys ever heard of something similar ?

I had a similar experience with our 2014 with about 6000 miles on it except I did not lose power. All electrical functions ceased, radio, instruments, door locks, turn signals etc etc. I could not turn the car off, removed key but engine was still running. Drove to a Ford dealer who had never witnessed anything like this. Opened hood and removed + battery cable. Waited 10 seconds, reconnected battery and everything came back just fine, a hard reboot. That was over two years ago and has never happened again.

I had a similar experience with our 2014 with about 6000 miles on it except I did not lose power. All electrical functions ceased, radio, instruments, door locks, turn signals etc etc. I could not turn the car off, removed key but engine was still running. Drove to a Ford dealer who had never witnessed anything like this. Opened hood and removed + battery cable. Waited 10 seconds, reconnected battery and everything came back just fine, a hard reboot. That was over two years ago and has never happened again.

Interesting, did it only happen once ?

Hi, my brother was driving today from Ft Lauderdale to Saint Agustine on his 2014 Limited, suddenly the instrument pannel, the AC and the windshiend wipers turned off, and the car lost a lot of power, he took the nearest exit and turned the car off, and he was never able to turn it back on, but it was impossible to turn the headlights off.
He called road assistance and they dropped the car on a Ford Dealer (since it was closed), and had to rent a car to continue his trip.
This looks like a major electrical problem...
Have you guys ever heard of something similar ?

I just had my car die on me '14 ..(had power) and had to get it towed...relay failed. Was a pretty simple fix but made it impossible to drive.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...her-towed-to-the-dealer-the-other-day.449889/

Back