Electronically adjustable dampers 96 explorer limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Electronically adjustable dampers 96 explorer limited

chris_nether

Reaction score
City, State
Townsville, Queensland
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Limited
Hey,

I have a 96 Ford Explorer Limited and the shockies are stuffed.

They are electronically adjustable ones that are pneumatically assisted have air lines and a pump.

I've tried to source some OEM genuine ones from Ford but apparently they are no longer made and now all listings refer to the sealed unit shockies for the XLT models. I cannot find the genuine parts anywhere on the internet and a conversion kit to use standard shock absorbers is going to be too expensive.

Does anyone know where I can source the genuine shock absorbers? Thanks.

2U2Z 18125 BA
2U2Z 18125 AA
4U2Z 18V124 AA

you can't find the shocks with electronic dampening anymore. Rock auto has air adjustable shock minus the electronic dampening for around $70. They are Monroe, from what I discovered Ford will sell you the exact same shock for $400. I just bought a front set and they work great. www.rockauto.com

you can't find the shocks with electronic dampening anymore. Rock auto has air adjustable shock minus the electronic dampening for around $70. They are Monroe, from what I discovered Ford will sell you the exact same shock for $400. I just bought a front set and they work great. www.rockauto.com
Thanks heaps man!!! I'm in Australia and I got quoted from a Ford supplier here $4000 for the genuine ones. I almost flipped. Found em.

Much appreciated.

Chris

Back