• Register Today It's free!

eliminate resonators or ???

fvee1

Reaction score
City, State
Vicksburg,MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' Limited V8
I'm going with a new muffler and dual exhaust. Is it worth my time and money to eliminate the resonators? Will it free up that much flow? Also, I like the way my truck sounds now. Is there a high performance muffler that isn't that much louder than stock out there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it wont free up too much flow at all, especially not for the cost of having it removed

might want to look into the flowmaster 50 suv, heard its nice and mellow

I pulled out the OEM resonator when I had my Flowie SUV 50 put in. After a while, I put in an aftermarket resonator because I got tired of the droan in the cabin. Much better now.

Flowmaster 70 series is supposed to be a quiet aftermarket performance muffler.

My system I have twin 2¼ pipes coming back from the engine into a single sport’s muffler (Lukey Turbo) Similar to a magnaflow but cheaper then exiting thru a single 2¼ inch tail pipe no resonator. There is no cabin drone when cruising and you only here the exhaust when you get on the fuel and a little bit at idle if the stereo is turned right down.

Mine is a V6 S.O.H.C thus the smaller tube diameter and not putting on a full free-flow muffler due to backpressure concerns.

Great response,thanks guys. I know which direction I'm going to go now.

Back