ELITE!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ELITE!!

Well I just wanted to say thanks to all, and wwooooohhhoooo I am an elite. This is the coolest site, I hope to have some more and better pics up soon, but here are a few!

View

I hope to put a few new pics of my new roof rack, some of the shackles and spacers and a few of our last outing!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Marshall, you've put F 250 coil spacers on your rig. Can you give me some more feedback on this? Also shackles, please.

Thanks and welcome aboard!!!

spacers and shackles

Well I got the part number from a post on this site for the spacers, they are a pretty simple design that is about two inches tall, about a half inch of which fits inside the coil, and rests perfectly on top of the factory perch, I have heard good and bad things about these, but I figured the only sure fire way to know is to try it! So far I am very happy, since I work at a shop that does alignments, me and our align guy just replaced the camber sleeves and then set everything to spec, cost(I hate to say this) nothing, had the sleeves at the shop, and just donated my old ones (just replaced a few months ago) to the stash! The shackles are great, they were a sinch to put in, I used a lift that raises by the frame/or body, and just put them on the front of the spring mount(make sure the springs wiil clear them) and lifted the truck, taking all weight off the axle, pulled the bolts from the orignial shackles and put on the Warriors, just had to pull the spring down a little to line up the holes, one side at a time is easier and safer, if you don't have tall jack stands! If you have any other questions let me know! Thanks for the elite welcome,
Marshall

Spacers is something that really intersts me. Do you have that part number handy? another thing is that I already used 2 degree bushings to align my front end after installing a 2" suspension lift. Is there a way to further correct it?

Thanks,

Well, as soon as I send Rick a picture, I'm in....I think. Gotta find a photo.

thanks

thank you so much Gjarret you are a life saver!

[Edited by offroader_69_me on 01-17-2001 at 07:45 PM]

Well I finally got my manual hubs, A friend of mine traded me straight across for my automatics, mine were about 4 months old and his only 3 so I am happy now!

new pics

Here are a few pics just after the lift, flexing a little making sure everything worked!
Ok well I screwed up when scannign my pics so I have to redo most of them and downsize them all, still new to this whole deal, lol. More pics to come!

Attachments

• after3.jpg
    after3.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 294

just a newer pic since the others are WAY old!

Attachments

• 35\'s-1.jpg
    35\'s-1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 223

Back