Ellectrical problem or something simple? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ellectrical problem or something simple?

My interior lights (speedometer, stereo, steering wheel, etc.. not the lamps) are out along with my tail lights. Sometimes I get lucky and they will randomly work again but for the most part they don't work. My break lights work fine which further confuses me, I even tried changing the bulbs. Also when I put my exp in OD the OD light goes off when I turn the headlights on. My head lights are the only thing that works. The parking lights are out, tail lights, fog lights, and interior lights. The only thing that work are the headlights. Any idea on what's causing this problem? I checked the fuses also..nothing :/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like it all should tie back to the headlight switch

try using a volt meter with key on engine off to check your various components and what kind of power they are recieveing, if any. this might show you where the fault is.

your talking about when the lights are on, all the factory stuff like buttons on the steering wheel, the dashboard back light radio back light etc dont light up?

if so try a new dimmer switch they go bad alot. and they power everything.

Do you have a trailer harness hook up under the drivers side rear bumper? That has been known to go bad and mess up the rear lights. When the rear lights are out the dash lights are out also. Sort of a warning you have no rear lights.

Do you have a trailer harness hook up under the drivers side rear bumper? That has been known to go bad and mess up the rear lights. When the rear lights are out the dash lights are out also. Sort of a warning you have no rear lights.

What do you mean under the drivers side rear bumber?

I mean; look under the drivers side rear bumper and see if there is a harness connection there that may be compromised, as in rusted ect.

I mean; look under the drivers side rear bumper and see if there is a harness connection there that may be compromised, as in rusted ect.

There isn't. Aww man I hope this is a simple fix. By simple I mean not to expensive.

I got the lights fixed. It was a fried cord. The guy told me eventually im going to need a new module. If getting just the lights fixed cost that much im scared to see how much replacing the module will be.

Back