• Register Today It's free!

Emaciated German Shephard - DFW

NeuroResid

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey, EF. I'm not one for asking for help, but please consider clicking the link below. We found a german shephard here in Dallas in dire need of medical attention. Thankfully, although I didn't have time to fix the o-ring gasket on the thermostat housing I attempted to fix two days ago, we made it to the ER okay.

http://www.gofundme.com/eem450

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Small donation from me. She already looks better...

I'm a sucker for a German Shepard rescue story. Here is a link to our own story:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111702

I made a small donation. Best of luck!

Thank you, seriously. The past two days have been very interesting. The initial link has a few updated photos from today . . . my wife keeps updating it.

Hopefully things will work out. I really appreciate the help. We named her Ella, hoping for a cinder"ella" story. The initial pictures do not reflect just how bad she looked. . . Plus, the temperature dropped suddenly here in Dallas, so I'm not sure should would have survived another day in the drain.

Small donation from me. She already looks better...

Thank you. Every amount helps. I find it amazing how much different one shop will quote you vs. another for pet services. Where's "PetRockAuto" when you need it?

P.S. The thermostat o-ring iwill have to wait, since I'm unable to use to hand because of the bite. Thankfully, I can type pretty good with the right hand!

Oh, man, you should have seen the coolant leak/steam today. My wife kept asking if the Explorer was about to burn down (I never told her it wasn't smoke, which helped divert the attention away from my fractured hand and busted fingers in Dallas traffic).

BTW, unless the dog is doing MUCH better I would not put her through being spayed yet. She may not be strong enough to survive the surgery.

BTW, unless the dog is doing MUCH better I would not put her through being spayed yet. She may not be strong enough to survive the surgery.

Oh wow, I just read it now, looks like she was put down.
What a shame, poor dog.

I'm a fan of these dogs myself as well. They're beautiful and tough dogs.

Very sad that it turned out this way, but you guys did the best you could for her.

Back