• Register Today It's free!

Embedded modem

nitzer51

Reaction score
City, State
seattle
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
He new Lincoln mkc has an "embedded modem" on its list of features.... Does anyone know if this is the same as the modem involved with the cell phone remote start app that some of us have installed?

In the press's release they mention that it can display fuel level, battery condition and tire pressure. What are the odds that our modem can do the same with an ota upgrade?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He new Lincoln mkc has an "embedded modem" on its list of features.... Does anyone know if this is the same as the modem involved with the cell phone remote start app that some of us have installed?

In the press's release they mention that it can display fuel level, battery condition and tire pressure. What are the odds that our modem can do the same with an ota upgrade?

I was kinda hoping the same like the Ford Remote App will get an update with enhanced functionality. I wonder if ours is a 3G and the new 15 Mustang is a 4G modem with interior connectivity we don't have.

I know nothing about cars but I'm betting our third party is linked just to the ignition and locks...

It talks to the PCM/BCM through the CANBUS system which means it can see everything if the CANBUS protocols allow. Just a matter of determining what its allowed to see.

If VHR is allowed to pull a bunch of data I would think we should be able to pull that exact same data and have it display on our App.

GM's OnStar App does exactly that.

You see tire pressures, fuel level, oil, coolant, etc etc.

It talks to the PCM/BCM through the CANBUS system which means it can see everything if the CANBUS protocols allow. Just a matter of determining what its allowed to see. If VHR is allowed to pull a bunch of data I would think we should be able to pull that exact same data and have it display on our App. GM's OnStar App does exactly that. You see tire pressures, fuel level, oil, coolant, etc etc.

So you're sayin there's a chance....? Giggity giggity.

Back