Emblem Removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Emblem Removal

bigblackdoggy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLS
I am looking to remove the emblems off my 02 XLS from the sides and the back but I want to know if after I take them off will there be those little holes behind them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shouldn't be any holes... I took all of mine off except for the FORD logo on the rear. I'll be putting a decal over that one.

Ok mine is all in separate letters so I guess I am going to have to give it a try.

SWEET hopefully soon to be clean!!!!

just about everybody tapes them on. everywhere but the grille it seems.

use a hair dryer, and twist firmly until they start to twist around, then pop them off. Also, if you are going for clean, if you still have your side moldings, use the hair dryer on one corner, heat it up, then pry it up, i used some nylon rope and went back and forth till the edge was up enough to grab, then pull as you heat up the backside with your hair dryer. Then use goo be gone to clean it all up.

use a hair dryer, and twist firmly until they start to twist around, then pop them off. Also, if you are going for clean, if you still have your side moldings, use the hair dryer on one corner, heat it up, then pry it up, i used some nylon rope and went back and forth till the edge was up enough to grab, then pull as you heat up the backside with your hair dryer. Then use goo be gone to clean it all up.

Fishing line works just as well as the nylon.

i have removed my emblems on my 02 xls and all i used was some fine fishing wire and slide it under it and slowley slide it up and down till it just pops off, there will be some glue residue left behind, use some goo-gone ona white towel and it was gone, no shadows at all looks like they were never there

Just got to ask y'all a question, what reason do you have for taking the emblems off your Explorer? Kind of strikes me funny for a person who is an Explorer enhusiast to do that.

The only time I removed an Explorer emblem was off my old 92 Sport before it was junked.....it's the only thing I have from it.......the first gens are left with a hole if you remove the emblem.....don't know about the others

sobe-
cause it looks freaking sweet to have a clean car, some people are in to that, myself i just remove the E from Explorer so i'm the only person with an Xplorer Sport

sobe-
cause it looks freaking sweet to have a clean car, some people are in to that, myself i just remove the E from Explorer so i'm the only person with an Xplorer Sport

Thanks for the answer.....Checked out your Xplorer Sport....nice truck

mine's a first gen and it left two holes on the rear hatch.

my question, however, is what the two wires that were running to it were for?

just tried removing mercury emblem off of hatch of mounty, left a hole so i put it back. That really sucks because my original idea was to make my mountaineer look just like an explorer. Another question: does anybody have a mounty with the 2-tone paint job? Well the paint on my truck changes from gray (bottom) to black underneath the molding. I wanted to rip these off but I am afraid water might get underneath the paint where itg splits and oxidise. Should I worry? I figured water still gets in there regardless of whether the moldings are there or not, seeing as though they are just taped on in the first place. And if you have taken off your moldings on your mounty w/ 2 tone paint, can you post a pic b/c I want to see how it looks. Thanks and sorry for misspells.

Your good on all but the Blue Oval. It will leave a hole. 2 of them actually.

i removed all my emblems becuase it makes it easyier to wax, imo and its sappose to be pretty nice this week so i plan on taking off my side moldings, they dont have studs on a 99 x do they?

anybody?

Nope, if you're talking about the trim.. just take em off..

i dunno bout debadging the explorer but i think i might do it i am not 2 sure yet

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back