Emergency Flashers don't work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Emergency Flashers don't work

gladdadof4

Reaction score
City, State
York, PA
I have a 94 Explorer. The emergency flashers just quite working but the turn signals are still good. The fuses are good. What do I check for? I tried to get the rear lens off but was afraid I'd break it. I deliver mail 1 day a week so the flashers are very important to me. Thanks for any help.
BG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

edit for below

try replaceing the emergancy flasher relay ,if that does not work then try to push in the hazzard button on the column and see if you get a reaction out of by wiggleing it around .since you do mail stops i'm betting that the hazzrd button gets turned on and off a lot so the button it's self could be the cause .

sorry for the first post ....found out there are two relays i saw only one in the haynes book ..thought there was one but there are two like i thought.

might want to use a flashing yellow light or strobe on the roof.

thats a good idea .that way the hazzards wont be used just a 12 volt device.plus i bet a strobe will be more noticed better than the truck lights alone:thumbsup:

yes an this also keeps your hazzards for what they are intended for emergency flashers. i know here all mail carriers using there own car is a contractor,an a roof light is an extra cost they dont want to pay for. an after being a truck broker i know that feeling

try to spray the switch with electrode cleaner and work it a few times. mine has gummed up more than once and that seemed to help. also jc whitney has cheap amber strobes for aout 20 bucks or so. magnetic bottom and plugs into cig lighter. advance auto has them on their website too

Back