• Register Today It's free!

Emergency Handling

RandyH2

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited AWD
I had a scare while driving home from soccer practice tonight with my 8 year old in back, on a 2 lane road just outside of our little town. A vehicle coming at me suddenly drifted halfway into my lane as we were about to meet head-on. I was able to hit the brakes, swerve off the road, and lay on the horn all in a split second and without losing control. The Explorer responded remarkably well to my control inputs, no over- or under-steer and the back end came back into line perfectly, allowing me to avoid mailboxes and more importantly the oncoming vehicle.

Well done, Ford. Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You had good driving instincts. Good to know you and your child are OK.

I had a scare while driving home from soccer practice tonight with my 8 year old in back, on a 2 lane road just outside of our little town. A vehicle coming at me suddenly drifted halfway into my lane as we were about to meet head-on. I was able to hit the brakes, swerve off the road, and lay on the horn all in a split second and without losing control. The Explorer responded remarkably well to my control inputs, no over- or under-steer and the back end came back into line perfectly, allowing me to avoid mailboxes and more importantly the oncoming vehicle.

Well done, Ford. Thank you!

Not exactly the real life testing I'd wish on anybody .... even though I appreciate the results. Glad everyone was okay!

Yikes. I had slightly similar but at parking lot speed thankfully. Someone trying to text and operate a 3000 lb vehicle. I did not have to make major avoidance like you, but nice to hear it's an option.

I do love the commanding tone of the Explorer horn compared to our former Fusion.

Glad you are all ok!

Wow glad everyone is ok, sheer footed ex, ad your skills

Great job making the Ex your Biootch, great to hear nothing serious transpired though and thank god you and your son are safe!!

Back