• Register Today It's free!

Emergency please help!!

YahwehisKing

Reaction score
City, State
Reno, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford ExplorerXLT4X4
Alright so i waited till my tank was half way added seafoam and filled up. Drove around town made a few stops. Now my 94 wont start!!! It sounds like its not getting fuel to turn over or something!! Its driving me bonkers!!! At least were here with the kids at my sisters!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you turn the key on, do you hear the fuel pump run for a couple seconds? If not, check the inertia switch behind the passenger side carpet, just below the dash, and the relay under the hood. You can swap the fuel pump and blower motor relays to see if that fixes it. If there's still no pump noise, the pump may be gone.

check the Schroeder valve on the fuel rail.

Yeah no noise from fuel pump!! Going to check inertia switch right now!

Ended up being a short in the eec and fuel pump relays all i did was tough them and everything turned on!! Its probably because they were cheap heater blower relays from oreileys they could only find that one as one that was similar.

I'm glad you found the problem. Electrical bugs can be difficult to track down.

I'd replace the fuel pump relay again. It sounds like the one they gave you isn't very good if it is sticking like that. Or take it back for a refund.

Back