End of a friend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

End of a friend

Heading out to the last regular season NY Jet game in my 96 XLT. Pull into my buddies apt complex doin bout 10-15 mph. Didn't see the ice under the light coating of snow. Do a 540 into a wooden wall. The bumper and grill were pushed in and the fenders were both creased( hit the wall dead on). After a quick check, rad is fine, tires have clearance, lights still work, we load up the BBQ and coolers and head off. 10 minutes on the road we hit the highway. Start getting up to hway speed and CLUNK no more tranny. Luckily we were close to home and my father in law came with his 05 Explorer and let us take it to the game.After 243,000 well worn miles it's time for her to go. RIP
BTW- The first Jet game of the year some idiot next to me parked over hot BBQ coals and burned up his beemer AND my wifes Taurus. At least the Jets won both games!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

R.i.p.

Rip sure u can find another one

Yeah, I did. Picked up a 2000 XLT.

do u got pics of it

pics please! and what happened with this taurus?

At least you got to see the game. How crazy was it that night?

Sorry, didn't get any pics before I got rid of it. game was awesome that night. Coldest came I've ever been to( about -20 ). The beers were freezing AFTER you took it out of the cooler. Felt like a playoff game. As for the Taurus, the passenger side was cooked. FD broke the window, geico totalled it, wife was NOT happy. Don't ask me why I didn't take the truck that day. My son and I were looking forward to Ribs after the game, then we were joking that the BMW cooked for us already. Jets beat the Pats that day. Really took it to Brady. I did take pics of the Taurus but unfortunately I can't find them. If I do I'll post them.

Back