End of summer run? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

End of summer run?

Just remember after Labor day, I don't think they allow camp fires anymore

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes...No, or do we plan another Big Bear run in Sept?

Subscribing;

Don't know if I can go up to Shaver in September. Could get to Big Bear on a weekend if I get some prior notice. I have the first three weeks in August off though, if someone wants to go somewhere. First week is recovery from my sinus surgery, second week is going to be camping at the beach (San Elijo State Beach) in Encinitas, third week????

I may actually have the zuk running by Labor day.. It would be nice to get out and wheel!

I should get labor day weekend off this time. Haven't gone wheelin since Moab. Lets wheel!

Nothing? Nada?

There is group headed to Calico on Sep 8/9/10th.. I may just go do that instead, and head out for a quick test run on 2/3/4th somewhere close (either Hollister, or somewhere up the Sierra's, like the Rubicon..)

tdavis said:
Nothing? Nada?

There is group headed to Calico on Sep 8/9/10th.. I may just go do that instead, and head out for a quick test run on 2/3/4th somewhere close (either Hollister, or somewhere up the Sierra's, like the Rubicon..)

Tom, Rick got something in the works for us locals ;) Don't know when, but you may want to PM him. I'm sure your more then welcome :thumbsup:

Tom should have been on the PM list...

Rick said:
Tom should have been on the PM list...

Sorry Rick, But I thought it was important for Tom to know, I guess I could have PM'ed him :banghead:

bio.jpg

Keeping my schedule open. :D

I would like to do an end of summer run. I would like to go to URE. Anyone else? Mabie end of August, or Early September?

Stic-o said:
Tom, Rick got something in the works for us locals ;) Don't know when, but you may want to PM him. I'm sure your more then welcome :thumbsup:

I know, I'm just putting out feelers.. I also have little or no vacation time, so I need to stay local.

Dopler174 said:
I would like to do an end of summer run. I would like to go to URE. Anyone else? Mabie end of August, or Early September?

You gonna drive to Cali? :p

tdavis said:
Nothing? Nada?

:fire: Ahhhhhhh you know Calico is 100+ in September?? :fire: That is pretty hot for an open Sami. The good part is you can do every hard trail there in one day, then get the heck into some AC.

DB_1 said:
You gonna drive to Cali? :p
HAHAHAHA...You hurt my feelings. ;) I just wanna go wheeling! :thumbsup:

BKennedy said:
:fire: Ahhhhhhh you know Calico is 100+ in September?? :fire: That is pretty hot for an open Sami. The good part is you can do every hard trail there in one day, then get the heck into some AC.

Yes, but that is dry heat. :confused:

tdavis said:
Yes, but that is dry heat. :confused:
But its still friggin hot! :D
I have spent the last few days rebuilding the brakes on the Explorer. New wheel cylinders, springs and shoes for the rear, new pads for the front, and a new master cylinder res. Am still bleeding the old fluid out. I used up a whole 32oz. bottle of synthetic fluid on the rear brakes alone before it started coming out clear. It should be finished by tomorrow morning because I got my master helper with me, Sarah! Then we will be ready to wheel :cool:

Well, I'm ready and have Labor Day weekend off (Friday - Sunday). Where are we going?? Anyone, Bueler, anyone????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BKennedy said:
Well, I'm ready and have Labor Day weekend off (Friday - Sunday). Where are we going?? Anyone, Bueler, anyone????

I'm trying to get a friend to go camping in Sequoia National Forest area.. Haven't been then for a long, long time..

Back