Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Taken from Autoweek

The end is at hand for the two-door Chevrolet Blazer. Last week, General Motors told workers at its Linden, N.J., assembly plant that Blazer production will halt early next year. One thousand workers will be idled. Technically, GM can't close the Linden plant because it is not on the list of closures negotiated with the UAW last year. So workers will get 70 percent of their normal pay for 48 weeks, then full pay until their labor contract expires in 2007. The Blazer's fate was sealed five years ago when GM chose not to develop a two-door version of its next-generation TrailBlazer. –Automotive News

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats too bad, I always liked two door suvs. The ZR2 and extreme models were pretty cool. Now this leaves only the jeep wrangler, the honda element, and the land rover freelander as the only 2 door suvs left.

UMM the Camaro has been dead for a while already!

70 percent of their normal pay for 48 weeks, then full pay until their labor contract expires in 2007... if I was going to be laid off I'd like to go out this way. :D

they are ugly anyways...and i cant feel bad for the layoffs when they will continue to get paid to do nothing till 2007...wish i had that option

X~FACTOR said:
70 percent of their normal pay for 48 weeks, then full pay until their labor contract expires in 2007... if I was going to be laid off I'd like to go out this way. :D

that's what i was thinking.. that's a good deal!

Weird how long it takes for manufactures to realize that "the masses" don't want two door SUVs. You would have thought that Ford learned this sometime around '96, when they killed the Bronco, but for some reason they kept up the X Sports for years after that.

Soccer Moms Don't Want 2-Door SUVs!!!!!!!

Soccer Moms Don't Want 2-Door SUVs!!!!!!!
Doesn't that suck! My dad used to own an 88 Bronco and we absolutely loved that rig. You could 4 wheel anywhere you wanted (it had 35's :D ) but I miss that short-coupled SUV look.
I was actually looking for a sport when I was SUV searching but I found my 97 at too good of a bargain to pass up...so I won't complain :chug:

I think sales of ALL two door vehicles is dead or is dying.

Back