Engine block heater.

Pnewby

Reaction score
City, State
Versailles Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
20 Aviator
16 Edge Sport
My Aviator lists one of the options as the engine block heater. This was a dealer ordered vehicle and I wouldn’t have ordered it for a vehicle that is garaged in Ky in the summer and Florida in the winter, but per the owners manual the plug can be found under an access panel on the lower left front fascia. I have looked to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

My Aviator lists one of the options as the engine block heater. This was a dealer ordered vehicle and I wouldn’t have ordered it for a vehicle that is garaged in Ky in the summer and Florida in the winter, but per the owners manual the plug can be found under an access panel on the lower left front fascia. I have looked to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
I would not ever imagine you would need one in Kentucky and definitely not in Florida but these are located in the engine block "frost plug" locations and generally the block heater is on the passenger side of the engine block, but it could be on the driver's side. People in really cold parts of the country need them if they park outside, but I don't think you are a contender... :)

Back