• Register Today It's free!

engine died

cmmb1987

Reaction score
City, State
Marietta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 xlt
so i was driving home from camp, and i get off the highway at my exit and once i get to the light, my idle is sounding horribly bad and the engine is surging, well i drive about another mile and my engine dies, check engine light comes on, check battery gauge comes on also and i lose power steering. so i try to start her up with no luck, finally try once more and then rev the engine and my x starts to move, well for me to get home that night, i had to have my foot on the gas the whole time or my engine would die, so here i am at home trying to figure out wut happened

i woke up this morning and my car will turn over and the rpm will go to about 1500 then just drop to 0 and the check engine, check battery gauge lights come on, and the only thing holding me back on just buying a new battery is my very very rough idle

it was really scary coasting cuz my rpms would be at about 400 and i mean four hundred

ne ideas nebody, ive heard bad o2 sensor, battery, spark plugs and wires?

i dont have ne equipment so i dont know how i can get the code, unless sum1 around my area can has that tool, im getting it towed to carmax tomorrow, because i still have a 2 1/2 year warranty with them and they r closed to today

So, fixing it yourself isn't a priority because it is getting towed back to CarMax tomorrow, where it is still under warranty?

Back