engine for the 2020 explorer Platinum | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

engine for the 2020 explorer Platinum

That 3.0T is the engine from the 2017 to current MKZ. If you want to know the difference between the two proposed 3.0T's, go drive any 2017-2019 MKZ with the 3.0T, both in AWD and FWD. The AWD right now has the 400hp engine, and the FWD version only has 350hp. That's a fair example if you really needed to know now how they'd differ. The Lincoln AWD MKZ still tries to spin the tires in stock form, so you can guess how the FWD only does.

I do wish the current AWD systems had/have an electrical magnetic clutch for the rear shaft. I'd add a power signal to that to manually select AWD before hitting the gas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

having the new explorer be RWD platform with a RWD biased AWD in the high power options is going to be a big help.

having the new explorer be RWD platform with a RWD biased AWD in the high power options is going to be a big help.

Ditto, I hope that comes to pass. The MKZ is on the chopping block now, and there are several rumors of what will take it's place. I like the one suggesting it will go on the same platform as the new Explorer, and it could have the same 3.0T engine, plus the stronger 8-10 speed transmission.
:pics:

Here's the 3.0T in the 2017-19 MKZ now;

MKZ 3.0T engine bay.jpg

2017 MKZ 3.0T engine 1.jpeg

MKZ is the fusion right? I keep hearing that's the one sedan that will live on in the US.

I hope so I plan to get one as a DD. I don't mind the FWD as I plan on it being the hybrid anyway

MKZ is the fusion right? I keep hearing that's the one sedan that will live on in the US.

I hope so I plan to get one as a DD. I don't mind the FWD as I plan on it being the hybrid anyway

You'll have to get one of the current cars, both the Fusion and MKZ are gone this year. Ford is doing away with most all sedan platforms.

Back