• Register Today It's free!

engine light on but no code?

SB98UKexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
UK croydon
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer 4.0 SOHC v6
for the past 4 months i have the engine light on, when iv read this on the tool, there is nothing to report? iv reset the ecu a number of times to no avail, what going on?

for the past 4 months i have the engine light on, when iv read this on the tool, there is nothing to report? iv reset the ecu a number of times to no avail, what going on?
My check engine light comes back on soon after a repair on my 2001 Ford Ranger due to handheld devices not clearing the codes after a repair. Maybe this is your problem. An $18,000 Verus computer (possibly an antique machine) may be required to "clear the codes", as my mechanic claims. Ford designs its vehicles to fail. They designed the handheld gadgets to achieve the same goal, make you buy a new vehicle prematurely. I will never buy a Ford again. I will never buy a Ford again. I will never buy a Ford again. I will never buy a Ford again. I've heard rumor Kia is the only vehicle worth buying in the United States now, that it has a great warranty and goes a long time without repairs. Of course, Kias a couple years from now may be crap, but the 2012 and 2013 ones are allegedly good. Know a good Ford mashing recycler company?

cheers for the late reply, i cant remember what i did but i had cleaned up the terminals on the wiring loom and checked all wires to the o2 sensors. after that it cleared. and has no longer shown a engine light

kia is bad

Disregard my Kia recommendation. Read consumer Reports instead. Consume Reports claims the Lexus is the most reliable vehicle instead, but Lexus is a luxury vehicle.

Back