• Register Today It's free!

engine misfire?

OKLAexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLS
So last summer I had my CEL come on which was accompanied also by some engine shaking, but t turned out to be my cylinder 1 fuel injector so i replaced it and my car was back to normal. My car started shaking the other day and my CEL came on so i had the code read and it read P0303 cylinder 3 misfire. Now my car has really started shaking and it has gotten worse in the last three days since it started, but tonight on my way back from work the CEL went off but my rpms started jumping back and forth from 500 to 1000 rpms when i was at an idle. Also whenever i was between 25 and 55 mph and i was accelerating there were moments when it felt like my acceleration was cutting out and there was no power. Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me as what i should do?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How long has it been since you did a tune-up? Plugs, wires etc.? Sounds like it could be spark related.

I replaced my spark plugs around last June and my spark plug wires around August 2009.

x2 on fuel injectors.

If you're confident it's not plugs or wires, check your coil pack, too. A failing coil pack should have funky resistance values when tested with a multimeter. For exact resistance values you should be getting, there are a few posts throughout this site with details.

Good luck.

ERUSH

I agree with ERUSH, check the coil pack. Is it raining, snowing, foggy/damp when it throws these fits?

Back