Engine noise first start of the day | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine noise first start of the day

2001Explorers

When I initially start my Ex in the morning it makes a slight squealling sound. The temp is now in the low 70's. It by no means is cold. It only does it on the initial start. Once it is warmed up it doesn't make a peep. Sounds like belts or something. I have had squeal noises come from the engine when it's raining or wet out. However, they changed the tensioner pulley and I haven't had that problem since then. Any thoughts on what the squeaking noise cold be?

When I initially start my Ex in the morning it makes a slight squealling sound. The temp is now in the low 70's. It by no means is cold. It only does it on the initial start. Once it is warmed up it doesn't make a peep. Sounds like belts or something. I have had squeal noises come from the engine when it's raining or wet out. However, they changed the tensioner pulley and I haven't had that problem since then. Any thoughts on what the squeaking noise cold be?
It could be a belt. I don't think it would be the cooling fans since the fans don't usually start running right away, unless perhaps you have the A/C set at Max.

Peter

Back