• Register Today It's free!

engine pcm

ed cutler

Reaction score
City, State
Groton ,Ma.
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Mazda B2300 p/up
I am completeing a 96 explorer 5.0 to 95 Mazda B2300 4x4 p/up. The problem i'm having is the explorer pcm is sending trans. commands triggering the chk. engine light. i am using a 5 spd. std. trans. What i'm looking for is a pcm for a 5.0 stnd. trans. or someway to get around this problem. Does anyone out there have an explorer 5.0 stnd. trans. pcm? Can my pcm be reprogrammed to delete trans. and other unnec. commands? PLS. Help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Reprogram

thanks for the help

Reprogram

Can't quite figure out your solution to my problem, but if you want to pretend to be a deaf mute please consider adding dumb and blind

Can't quite figure out your solution to my problem, but if you want to pretend to be a deaf mute please consider adding dumb and blind

Alright listen #######, I was answering your question. Reprogram your PCM was what I suggested you do, as it was one of the things you asked if you should do. I meant to suggest that that was the option you should take, and assumed you would be intelligent enough to figure out that I was answering your question. In the future, I will be sure to present things at a level you can understand.

Also, for future reference, that is a quote from Catcher In The Rye. Although, I suppose that if you weren't smart enough to figure out that I was answering your question, I should not be surprised you did not know that.

no Explorers with V8 & manual trans

No Explorers were manufactured with a V8/manual transmission drive train. Therefore, no one will be able to provide you a stock one. As you asked and Find posted, a custom tune of the PCM will solve the problem but will cost several hundred dollars. Henson Performance is an Explorer Forum vendor and a SCT dealer. Some members have been successful with using the 4R70W wiring harness and using jumpers to make the PCM think the digital transmission range (DTR) sensor is present.

apology

Alright listen #######, I was answering your question. Reprogram your PCM was what I suggested you do, as it was one of the things you asked if you should do. I meant to suggest that that was the option you should take, and assumed you would be intelligent enough to figure out that I was answering your question. In the future, I will be sure to present things at a level you can understand.

Also, for future reference, that is a quote from Catcher In The Rye. Although, I suppose that if you weren't smart enough to figure out that I was answering your question, I should not be surprised you did not know that.

Sorry, I didn't knowyou were rooming with J. Hinckley or your mom reads to you at night. I'm not good at breaking secret codes nor do i watch alot of game shows. Maybe your trying to impress Alex Trebek. Save any future help for somebody as elite as yourself or someone looking for #### on a bull. In the meantime I will thank 2000 Street rod .

Back