Engine Sensors - Part 1 Oxygen Sensors | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine Sensors - Part 1 Oxygen Sensors

If they are Bosch sensors, they have very fine slots in them about 20 thou. for the gas to enter mine were blocked. Cleaned with knife blade and 2 out of 3 were OK.

They are $60 ach so worth cleaning first/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello everybody,

Is it possible to get realtime data from O2 sensors, using an ELM Interface and my laptop?, I'm trying with ScanMaster software, but it shows like there aren't any sensor to read. Is this a software issue. Help!!!!!

Thaks in advance.

ScanMaster software WILL read the sensors just fine. You need to select HS02S11 (or)21 SV (sensor voltage) to get the HEATED oxygen sensor PID's and read/graph the voltages. It won't see them when using the generic SAE O2S11/21 sensor PID. I stumbled with it at first but have since found that checking the Sensor voltage for the HEATED sensors works perfectly.

ScanMaster's ScanXL standard offers a really good set of PID's, I've used other software in the past but find ScanMaster to be the best. I also have the Ford enhanced software unlocked, which isn't needed to the O2 tests, but helps with transmission troubleshooting, especially with the 5r55's. The HSO2SV tests work on all makes and models I have tested, quite accurately, from BMW to Chevy. (sorry, I said the C word!)

How Many o2 Sensors ? 97explorer 4x4, v6, 4.0

I need to replace o2 sensors, I dont know how many to buy.

Thanks !

Go to Advance or Autozone and they will scan and tell you which one is needed. If that doesn't fix your problem then post back.

Hi, I need to know how many it has, if 3 or 4 please, Thanks !

02 sensors

Check for a vacuum leak on the two approx1/2 inch hoses that are going in to the back of your throttle body. my hose was cracked and the scanners read 02 sensors, a hundred bucks later a ford mech. friend showed me where and what is was, a 5 dollar fix and no more 02 sensor failure codes. just buy about 1ft heater hose and an elbow(5.00) or buy the oem replacement part for about 15

I believe there are four - if you want to do your own maintenance - purchase a Haynes or Chilton manual - it will save you alot of time and $$. Good Luck

Well, I went to autozone today, they give the P1451 code, definition: Barometric pressure sensor signal does not agree with Map sensor signal at key on.

Probable cause:
1 Failed Baro sensor
2 Poor electrical connection
3 Open or short circuit condition

Now I'm lost =(

any suggestions ?

Thanks, Marcelo

Marcelo - I'm not a certified mechanic but why not follow the "probable causes" to try and fix problem. Check connections, replace sensor. I've never heard of that sensor but search the forum or Google it. Don't let things like this "lose you" -- just keep trying and before you know it - it will be fixed and then you can move to the next problem!

Back