Engine swap from 2004 explorer to 2005 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Engine swap from 2004 explorer to 2005

william Mccaulley

Reaction score
City, State
altoona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer xlt
What is the difference between 4.0L engine out of a 2004 ford explorer and 4.0L engine out of a 2005 ford explorer

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

<

<

<

<

william Mccaulley

Reaction score
City, State
altoona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer xlt
where is the IAC located at on my 2005 ford explorer 4.0L

<

<

2Trux

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Limited V8 4X4
where is the IAC located at on my 2005 ford explorer 4.0L
I believe the 2005 4.0 is drive by wire and does not use an IAC, the electric throttle took over that function.

<

william Mccaulley

Reaction score
City, State
altoona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer xlt
ok yea it don't have iac and it don't have an MAP Sensor. Got it to idle now but it idles rough.I cleaned the throttle body. i replaced the MAF sensor.I replaced Throttle Position Sensor and the fuel injectors and the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

<

william Mccaulley

Reaction score
City, State
altoona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer xlt
I believe the 2005 4.0 is drive by wire and does not use an IAC, the electric throttle took over that function.
Got it to idle now but it idles rough.I cleaned the throttle body. i replaced the MAF sensor.I replaced Throttle Position Sensor and the fuel injectors and the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

<

<

<

96firephoenix

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
<

imp

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
59 Ranchero F250 D'Line
whats on the throttle body
@william Mccaulley
What's on the throttle body is two things: the drive motor, and the Throttle Position Sensor. If either gets messed-up, either on their own or by tampering, the codes for potential engine shut-down will be thrown: "Forced Engine Idle", or "Forced Engine Shutdown".
imp

<