Engine swap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine swap

Bootless

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer 4x4
Well I'm buying parts now I'm doing a 302 aod np205 swap I'm wondering what I'm gonna have to do with xmembers and driveshafts

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably looking at custom driveshalfts, and at least a little modifying on the cross members. You going fuel injected or carbureted?

Carb all the way will my radius arm xmember be in the way?

Bootless, you keep bumping your posts but it doesn't do any good. This first-gen subforum doesn't get enough posts to warrant bumping, especially over a weekend. There's forum posts listed 2 weeks back, yours won't get buried over a weekend.

Bootless, you keep bumping your posts but it doesn't do any good. This first-gen subforum doesn't get enough posts to warrant bumping, especially over a weekend. There's forum posts listed 2 weeks back, yours won't get buried over a weekend.
Well I bump it to bring it up on the recent post

The problem is, there's not enough replies in this subforum to warrant bumping your post the next day. Your thread won't get buried that quick, people will still see it. You gotta remember, these are old cars and few people have them, there's not mechanics dedicated to 1st gen Explorers sitting around waiting for people to ask questions. You gotta wait because people are busy with their lives, especially over a weekend.

I wasn't going to say anything since I'm not a moderator but you've done this in several threads now.

Have you looked through these threads?
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/v8-swap-data-check-it-out.238321/

There's several guys who have done write-ups, the info must be out there. I doubt you'll have a problem with the radius arm crossmember. If you do, I think you'd be better off to raise the engine at the engine mounts. If you radius arm crossmember is in the way, your transmission crossmember will probably be in the way as well.

Looking through the posts referenced above, you can clearly see the clearance above the radius arm crossmember
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...-4x4-v8-4r70w-swap.224362/page-9#post-2069874

Back