Englishtown, NJ Swap Meet & Auto Show: April 18-20, 2008 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Englishtown, NJ Swap Meet & Auto Show: April 18-20, 2008

it was great to meet some new people yesterday and see some old ones again, now i just need to nurse my sunburn have to remember sunscreen for my next car show

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I second the sunscreen lol. And jason no problem, it looks great. Im guessing you got to the gas station in time? I was getting ready with my tow straps to pull you onto rt 9 lol. I even followed you on your trek for a little while off the road they put us on but you were flooring it so i was like, eh, he'll be ok... i hope ha:thumbsup:

I second the sunscreen lol. And jason no problem, it looks great. Im guessing you got to the gas station in time? I was getting ready with my tow straps to pull you onto rt 9 lol. I even followed you on your trek for a little while off the road they put us on but you were flooring it so i was like, eh, he'll be ok... i hope ha:thumbsup:

Yea, did you read my post? I had an interesting journey when I turned down that side street. :eek:

As for my ride home with the fuel light screaming at me, it was interesting. Coming out (Andy was behind me, he can attest to this) we were crawling along at about 5-10 mph for about 5+ miles or so before I realized I might not make it to a gas station if I continued that way. I pulled off down a side street, trying not to break 2k RPMs. I punched "gas" in my GPS and it sent me on a three mile journey to a "gulf" station that didn't exist. I got the "You have arrived" message in the middle of a suburban residential street. I tried again, and the second station I chose also landed me in the middle of a residential neighborhood. At this point, I was desperate, I have never seen my needle that low (WAAAY below E) and figured I had maybe a couple of miles left before disaster, so I pulled over, walked up to some house and had the residents there direct me to the nearest gas station - which turned out to be (thank God) like 1.5 miles away. JUST made it. Remind me never to forget to fill up again. :confused:

dam i really hate i didn't con't...but wasn't feeling like making a 2hr drive a 5 or 6 hr drive...
hopefully next time

BTW pics look awesome oh and Jason your truck looks awesome bro..for future refrence, spray some foam armor all on the chassis and it will make it look like if it was super clean lol..just a way to earn extra points from the judges

EDIT-

Did anyone see my friend's S-10?

Dan,

Thanks man. Ill remember the Armor-All trick next time. Then maybe I'll win. ;)

And yea, I saw the S-10. He was parked right next to another low rider (Blazer, I think?) that had a bunch of trophies in front of it. Not my style, but I definitely appreciate all the work that went into them - great stuff.

Dan,

Thanks man. Ill remember the Armor-All trick next time. Then maybe I'll win. ;)

And yea, I saw the S-10. He was parked right next to another low rider (Blazer, I think?) that had a bunch of trophies in front of it. Not my style, but I definitely appreciate all the work that went into them - great stuff.

No problem bro

no that was a s-10..just that my friend did a GMC Envoy front conversion
Yea not many are into the mini truck world but the work that went into that s-10 is just amazing..the attention to detail amazed me..idk if you noticed it but the flames on the hood had a skulls and the diamond plate "diamonds" that you could only notice at a certain angle.
Next time i see him i'll try to take pics to show you

yeah unfortunitly i was workin on my sisters 03 grand am gt and didnt get done earlu enough 2 get up there,but im defanitly goin 2 carlisle,maybe ill finally clean my interior and wetsand my roof 2 match the rest and enter it for the weekend

Nice to meet all of you, and I thoroughly enjoyed picking on the two boneheads that I haven't seen in ages :D Sorry again that it took me so long to get up there, next time life should be more stable for me so I'll be ready wayyy before a trip ;) Jason, I'm glad you finally made it to a gas station! Gearhead, hope the T-case does the trick for ya.

Here's a few of the pictures I took with my phone:

The perfect car for Blee1099- it's pink!
0419081429_Small_.jpg

Was thinking of Matt when I snapped this one :D
0419081409_Small_.jpg

Why the HELL would you need a Super Duty this big?! :eek:
0419081445_Small_.jpg

:cool:
0419081604_Small_.jpg

I really *did* have my Explorer there, I swear!!
0419081905_Small_.jpg

I think the engine weighed more than the car
0419081400_Small_.jpg

I hate Chevies.. but I was diggin' the paint and 'headlights' on this one:
0419081340_Small_.jpg

You guys better make it to Carlisle!! ;)

Trade that p.o.s. in for another Exploder and maybe they'll let you be on the site :D ;)

why would i do that? id have to lift the explorer 4" just to fit my trucks stock tires and SAS it to run my 37s...i could just SAS my real truck and run 49s :p:

i mean c'mon spas, your explorer couldnt even push over a portOpot :bsnicker:

Back