• Register Today It's free!

Entering GPS coordinates

LorenFisher

Reaction score
City, State
Somerville, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer
I just got my Explorer and I'm trying to enter GPS coordinates into the nav. I've searched everything and looked at the dreaded owner's manual, but I can't figure out how to enter GPS numbers without a street address. Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no direct GPS input mechanism. Apparently, it was originally there, but was removed in a subsequent update.

Wow, that is amazing. It seems rather basic to me.

I don't ever remember it being there and I got my 2011 Explorer Limited in May 2011. That being said I could have overlooked it but it was something I tried to find right from the start in fact I asked here in a post way back.

From 11/2011

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333218

Maybe I wasn't clear enough then...

Hey everyone!

I just want to jump in and confirm that in a previous version of MFT, you were able to input latitude and longitude. Currently, you can search for a destination using the following methods:

-City Center
-Intersection
-POI (and all of the available categories)
-Pressing on the map and setting that location as a destination

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, with many locations posting latitude and longitude coordinates, it sure would be a good upgrade to be able to punch them in.

Hey everyone!

I just want to jump in and confirm that in a previous version of MFT, you were able to input latitude and longitude. Currently, you can search for a destination using the following methods:

-City Center
-Intersection
-POI (and all of the available categories)
-Pressing on the map and setting that location as a destination

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca
Will we ever be able to load POI's via USB or SD card? Or send via bluetooth?

Thanks Rebecca, with many locations posting latitude and longitude coordinates, it sure would be a good upgrade to be able to punch them in.

You're welcome!

Will we ever be able to load POI's via USB or SD card? Or send via bluetooth?

I cannot speculate on future enhancements or features, but I suggest getting your voice heard on our Ford Social site (you too, [MENTION=266546]LorenFisher[/MENTION]). Here's the link to post your ideas:

http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/infotainment/

Rebecca

I made a video on how to enter latitude and longitude coordinates in fords navigation.

Welcome to the Forum Doug.:wave:
Thank you very much for that very informative video. I'm sure it will help many of the members.:thumbsup:

Peter

Back