Entire left bank of cylinders full of water | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Entire left bank of cylinders full of water

slag

Reaction score
City, State
Lawrence, Kansas, home of the JAYHAWKS
Year, Model & Trim Level
vehicleless...
So I am taking the top end apart off this 92 I picked up this weekend and removed the passenger side head. All 3 cylinders were full of water. I checked the gaskets as I removed them and, aside from the intake manifold bolts being loose, nothing appeared out of the ordinary. Yet, all 3 cylinders on the passenger side were full of water and have some minor surface rust that I will hone out.

I am going to take the drivers side off tomorrow and expect to find some h20 there also judging from the rear spark plug.

The head on the passenger side looks good, no visible cracks anywhere. The motor has 93,310 miles on it.

Ideas? What would cause all 3 cylinders to fill up with water? The head gasket was not rusted through and in general looked pretty good.

we had a simmilar thing happen to a tractor only hte engine was ruined (diesel +water = bad) turns out the kids next door droped a hose in the exhaust and filled it up as retailation for us moving in... I hate those people luckily they moved...

Back