EPC solenoid 5r55e | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EPC solenoid 5r55e

maxerious

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 4X4
hello i have had the 2-3 shift flare since i bought my x but thought i would try replacing the EPC solenoid see if that solves the prob before i rebuild the VB were is the epc located can it be accsessed via the pan looked in my manual but i think i need to get a transmission manual cuz the general one didnt tell me a thing any help is always appriciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ya i already dropped the pan today and replaced the filter and put in mobil 1 synthetic atf so next service i will try the EPC not gonna drop that thing again lol

I would try to get the new Borg Warner EPC to replace the original Bosch EPC. They should be available now?

And yes, as long as you are going to replace the EPC, spend a couple of bucks for the upgraded bracket.

It actually isn't that difficult to drop the valve body. I did the Ford TSB upgrade and replaced the valve body gaskets. The original valve body gaskets were brittle as hell.

where to buy

I would try to get the new Borg Warner EPC to replace the original Bosch EPC. They should be available now?

And yes, as long as you are going to replace the EPC, spend a couple of bucks for the upgraded bracket.

It actually isn't that difficult to drop the valve body. I did the Ford TSB upgrade and replaced the valve body gaskets. The original valve body gaskets were brittle as hell.

hello. where did you buy your EPC and Upgraded Bracket?

hello. where did you buy your EPC and Upgraded Bracket?

The EPC that I installed was a sample "prototype" EPC from Borg Warner. I do not know if it is available for purchase. The upgraded bracket was from the dealer.

Back