• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

ESP and MFT Updates

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limted (on Order)
All,

I'm considering purchasing an ESP when I try to find/order my Ex (hopefully in the next week). I know from reading through the threads that Ford will be providing free MFT updates through January, but was wondering what happens after that. Will an ESP (PremiumCare - since it has the High Tech items) cover MFT updates? I haven't been able to find any information on that. Would that also cover things like Nav updates, etc? One of the drawbacks I've seen with other Nav systems is you can get updated maps for a few years, but they stop making updates for older Nav systems. Since I plan to keep the Ex for 8-10 years, I'd like to have some ability to keep it updated, even if only for the first 7 years with the ESP....

Thoughts?

DH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
It will not cover nav updates if you mean maps. If the MFT goes funky or they can duplicate an issue, I do not see how it would ever be denied coverage under the Premium Care.

I know Ford is saying till Jan 2012 but I don't see them not covering updates until the MFT is performing perfectly. They may not cover updates for free just to get them but if you are having a legit issue, it should be covered minus the deductible you choose.

To me, it's no different then tranny updates, pcm reflashes or any other reflash that will fix an issue.

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limted (on Order)
What is Account Solutions ESP? I'm not familiar with that one, and I just tried searching for info but didn't see find anything.

alfredfife

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
What is Account Solutions ESP? I'm not familiar with that one, and I just tried searching for info but didn't see find anything.
I am sorry..it is Assurant Solutions. My mistake. they insurance all kinds of things. I got a great comprehensive 72/72 plan for $673. I got it through my insurance which is USAA. Check the USAA website at www. usaa.com.

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limted (on Order)
Ah, okay. I'm a USAA member, so I'll check it out, but I'm not sure how they would cover updates to the MFT. Hardware issues, yes, but I'm kind of thinking something along the lines of a software maintenance plan...

alfredfife

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ah, okay. I'm a USAA member, so I'll check it out, but I'm not sure how they would cover updates to the MFT. Hardware issues, yes, but I'm kind of thinking something along the lines of a software maintenance plan...
Let me know what you think, it covers a lot. also gives you a free quote.

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limted (on Order)
Just tried to find it, but no luck. I searched for Assurant Solutions and was able to find the EVP (Extended Vehicle Protection, iirc) product page but when I went to get the quote, it said not currently available - either they no longer offer it, or it's not available in my state...