ETA 5/30/11. When really | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ETA 5/30/11. When really

robbs49

Reaction score
According to my dealer, my 2011 Sterling, black 301a AWD is showing delivery 5/30/11 or that week. Does anyone know what that really means? Should I expect it to be on the 30th or just "soon"?

Thanks
Robert

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My understanding is 'soon'... and 'maybe' on the 30th. <wishy-washy mode ON> :)

You can send a private message to fordcustsvc on this board and ask for more details
You can also call the customer service 800# and ask them.

My Explorer has an ETA to the dealer of 6-1. It was built 5-20. I called the 800# yesterday and found that it was on a train near Gorham, Illinois (south Illinois). At least it is not in Chicago anymore!

Mine had an ETA of 5/27 (today) and it's still awaiting shipment.

Waiting shipment

Mines been "awaiting shipment" in Chicago since 5/3/11, it's received various MFT updates since (2.8 on 5/20). I was told yesterday it is a "lack of transportation" issue in Il, mine only has to be shipped 90 miles north.
I really fed up and am seriously considering dropping the deal.
Ordered 3/30/11.

The new update from the dealer is it is on "hold", but supposedly all Exploreres are.? Has anyone heard this one? I am also thinking about walking. Its $40,000 and I really like the car, but between the stupid way Ford does incentives(I could rant about that one for awhile) and the seeming problems with the MFT and just the lack of information of why things are the way they are gets frustrating. I guess I will see what "hold" means today and figure out what that means to me and what I want to do from there

I have found information from the dealer to be questionable......
I called the 800# and they told me my Explorer was on a train near Gorham Illinois. I trust their answer more than the dealers (although I am not quite shure why I believe them either).

I suggest you call the 800# and ask them for details.

"Hold on Explorers"

All my posted info is based on information i've received from Seni/Cory or phone calls to the 800#. Last week I was told during a phone call from CS to me (thank you Seni/Cory) that there is a "hold shipment on explorers" out of Chicago. The rep could provide no reason why.

I've attempted twice to contact the dealership but they have not returned my calls, they probably have no answers either. But i'm disappointed they did not have the courtesy to call me back.

All my discussions/emails etc with CS have been amiable, they can only do so much. I would not want to be in their shoes, seems they have ALOT of us breathing down their necks. Some of us ready to dump the deals, why buy a 2011 instead of a 2012 unless the deal is to great to pass up.

The people that should be giving us answers and ACTION seem to have very little interest in getting results.

Side note: I leave for a road trip on June 11 towing a large motorcycle from WI to WY. Now i'm forced to tow with a 2000 Durango which I will need to stick $$ into ensure confidence and comfort (A/C). I'm really quite pis...d and frustrated with FORD's inactions and excuses.

FORD=for operation repair daily?

Good luck to all of you owners and wannabe's.

My tagname lmtdexplr must have been a "sign" of things to come. Limited for sure!

After thought: all-in-all, those of us that have or are waiting for $40,000+ vehicles have little to complain about considering the sacrifices that so many are suffering these days and past. Please remember them and give thanks and praise during this weekend of Memorials. It's still the best country in the world!

According to my dealer, my 2011 Sterling, black 301a AWD is showing delivery 5/30/11 or that week. Does anyone know what that really means? Should I expect it to be on the 30th or just "soon"?

Thanks
Robert
This is something I would be happy to look into for you! I can research your current order status if you’d like to send me a private message with your VIN or dealer name / dealer code. If this is something you’d want me to do, I’ll find any available information and relay it to you!

Cory

My understanding is 'soon'... and 'maybe' on the 30th. <wishy-washy mode ON> :)

You can send a private message to fordcustsvc on this board and ask for more details
You can also call the customer service 800# and ask them.

My Explorer has an ETA to the dealer of 6-1. It was built 5-20. I called the 800# yesterday and found that it was on a train near Gorham, Illinois (south Illinois). At least it is not in Chicago anymore!
Thank you for the recommendation!

The ETA in my tracking system is still showing tomorrow, but remember that date is subject to change! :)

Cory

Mine was ordered 3/25 and built 5/3 had an ETA of 5/14 and still nothing. Awaiting shipment yea yea yea. Ford just lies about transport problems! I can find explorers that have been delivered to my dealership that have been built after mine. They got 2 weeks more or they can keep it!!!

Well I guess 5/30/11 means 5/31/11 it will be here. Got a call it is here and I am going today to pick up. Hopefully, that is an easy experience.

Ordered 3-26-11 so about 9 weeks.

Robert

Mine was ordered 3/25 and built 5/3 had an ETA of 5/14 and still nothing. Awaiting shipment yea yea yea. Ford just lies about transport problems! I can find explorers that have been delivered to my dealership that have been built after mine. They got 2 weeks more or they can keep it!!!
I wanted to let you know that I’ve been keeping tabs on this order and I sent you a private message in reference to your status. Please check your inbox for more details. Thank you.

Cory

Back